Yields 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ pound guanciale (salt-cured pork jowl) or pancetta
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound spaghetti, halved
- 7 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Pecorino or Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
- SELECT Saute/Brown on the Cosori Pressure Cooker, set time to 10 minutes, adjust to “More/High”, and press On/Start. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- ADD the olive oil and guanciale to the Cosori Pressure Cooker and cook until crispy about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- ADD the water, salt, and spaghetti to the bacon fat and oil.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the locked position.
- SELECT Manual, adjust to Pressure Level 6, set time for 5 minutes, and press On/Start.
- WHISK together the egg yolks, egg, parmesan cheese, and black pepper in a bowl while the pasta is cooking. Set aside.
- QUICK RELEASE when done cooking and carefully remove the lid. Carefully remove the pot form the pressure cooker to prevent overcooking.
- MIX in the egg mixture and bacon. Mix until the pasta is well coated and it thickens slightly.
- SEASON to taste with salt and pepper.
- SERVE immediately in bowls and garnish with grated Pecorino cheese.