Yields 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups leeks, white & pale-green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 strips bacon, diced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for garnish
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Fresh Italian parsley leaves, for garnish
- WASH the leeks to remove any dirt. Chop into thin slices and set aside.
- SELECT Sauté/Brown on the Cosori Pressure Cooker, Adjust to “More/High”, and press On/Start. Allow the cooker to heat up.
- ADD the oil and bacon to the preheated pressure cooker. Cook until bacon is crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain and set bacon aside.
- ADD the chopped leeks to the pressure cooker, reserving ⅓ for garnish, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- ADD the rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- POUR in the wine and cook until all the wine is absorbed by the rice, about 2 minutes.
- ADD the chicken broth and mix well.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the locked position.
- SELECT Manual, Adjust pressure to Level 6, set time for 6 minutes, and press On/Start.
- QUICK RELEASE when done cooking and carefully remove the lid. Carefully remove the inner pot from the cooker to prevent overcooking.
- STIR in the butter, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and cooked bacon.
- SEASON to taste with salt and pepper.
- SERVE in bowls and garnish with parsley, grated Parmesan, and the reserved leeks.