Yields 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 34 minutes
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin on
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) fire roasted tomatoes
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups white rice, washed & rinsed
- Cilantro, freshly chopped, for garnish
- SEASON the chicken thighs with salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and lime juice. Set aside.
- SELECT Sauté/Brown on the Cosori Pressure Cooker, Adjust temperature to 320°F, set time for 30 minutes, and press On/Start. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- ADD the olive oil to the preheated pressure cooker and allow it to heat up for 30 seconds.
- BROWN the chicken thighs skin-side down for 15 minutes until skin is crispy. You may need to work in batches of 2. Set aside and press Stop/Cancel.
- SELECT Sauté/Brown and press On/Start.
- ADD the onion, green bell pepper, and roasted red bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- ADD the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- MIX in the cumin and tomato paste and cook for another minute.
- ADD the fire roasted tomatoes, white wine, bay leaf, and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- SEASON the cooking liquid to taste with salt and pepper.
- ADD the rice and mix well. Place the chicken thighs on top, along with any juices.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the locked position.
- SELECT White Rice, set time for 4 minutes, and press On/Start.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes when done cooking, and carefully remove the lid.
- GARNISH with freshly chopped cilantro.