Yields 6-8 Servings
Prep Time: 9 Hours
Cook Time: 1 Hour 40 Minutes
- 3-4 pounds pork shoulder/butt, cut in 3
- ¼ cup beer
- 1½ chicken stock
- 1 cup bbq sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- COMBINE the rub ingredients and mix until everything is well incorporated. Save for later use.
- RUB the pork butt with 3 tablespoons of the BBQ rub, 1 tablespoon per piece.
- WRAP the pork butt in plastic wrap and store in the fridge for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- REMOVE the pork butt from the fridge and set aside for 1 hour.
- SELECT Saute/Brown on the Cosori Pressure Cooker, adjust the temperature to “More/High”, add the oil, and press On/Start. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- BROWN the pork butt in the preheated pressure cooker for 5 minutes on each side.
- ADD the beer to deglaze the bottom on the alcohol cook off, about 2 minutes.
- ADD all the other ingredients and mix well.
- SELECT Meat/Stew, set the time for 1 hour and 30 minutes, and press On/Start.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes. Release any residual pressure that may be left in the machine and carefully remove lid.
- REMOVE the pork from the pressure cooker and shred in a bowl.
- ADD about 1 cup of the cooking liquid to the pork and mix well.
- SERVE on buns with a side of pickles or enjoy by itself.