Yields 7-8 servings
Prep Time: 8 hours
Cook Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- 2 cups dry great northern beans, soaked overnight
- 1 cup dry cannellini beans, soaked overnight
- 1 pound spicy sausage (cajun preferred)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14 ounces) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
*Beans soaked overnight (8 hours) with 3 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of salt.
- DRAIN and WASH the soaked beans. Set aside.
- SELECT Brown on the Cosori Multicooker and press Start/Cancel. Allow to heat up.
- BROWN the sausage in the multicooker and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- SAUTÉ the olive oil, onion, and bell pepper. Cook for 10 minutes until onions are soft and translucent.
- ADD in the rest of the ingredients along with the beans and sausage. Bring to a boil, about 8 to 10 minutes. When boiling, press Start/Cancel, and cover with lid.
- SELECT Simmer and change the time to 1 hour 50 minutes. Press Start/Cancel.
- SEASON to taste with salt and pepper.