Yields 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 large eggs, cooked as desired, for serving
- Red bell peppers, freshly chopped, for garnish
- Scallions, freshly chopped, for garnish
- SELECT Brown on the Cosori Multicooker and press Start/Cancel. Wait until the multicooker has heated up.
- BROWN the sausage with the taco seasoning in the multicooker for about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and set aside. Allow the multicooker to cool down.
- SELECT Boil (L), adjust to 212°F, add the water, and set the time to 20 minutes. Cover with the lid and press Start/Cancel. Wait until the multicooker heats up.
- ADD the oats, mix, and cover. Press Start/Cancel.
- SELECT Simmer, adjust the time to 30 minutes, and press Start/Cancel.
- COOK the oatmeal, stirring occasionally. Cook longer on Boil for a thicker consistency.
- MIX in the sharp cheddar until it is melted throughout.
- SERVE in bowls with the sausage, an egg, chopped red bell pepper, and scallions.