Yields 4-5 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ large onion, chopped
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups shrimp stock or clam juice
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons (¼ stick) butter
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Dashes of hot sauce, to taste
- Green onion, chopped, for garnish
- SELECT Brown on the Cosori Multicooker, set the temperature to 400°F, and press Start/Cancel. Allow the multicooker to heat up.
- ADD the oil and flour and mix to create a roux.
- COOK the roux until it is a deep brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- ADD in the onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes.
- MIX in the tomato paste and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- ADD in clam juice, cajun seasoning, celery seed, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Mix well. Press Start/Cancel.
- SELECT Simmer and press Start/Cancel.
- ADD the shrimp and butter. Cook for 10 minutes.
- SEASON with salt and pepper and a few dashes of hot sauce, to taste.
- SERVE over rice and garnish with chopped green onion.