Yields 6 servings
Prep Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 whole chicken (5 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- PAT DRY the chicken and set aside the gizzards and neck bone.
- COMBINE the oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and thyme together in a small bowl.
- RUB the chicken all over with the seasoning, including the cavity. Allow the chicken to marinate outside of the fridge for 1 hour.
- SELECT Oven Roast on the Cosori Multicooker. Press Start/Cancel. Allow to preheat.
- BROWN the chicken in the preheated multicooker for 5 minutes on each side with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, until golden brown. Remove the chicken.
- STUFF the cavity with the onion and smashed garlic.
- ADD the gizzards and neck bone to the bottom of the multicooker pot, and place the chicken on top. Cover with the glass lid.
- COOK the chicken for 40 to 45 minutes or until the temperature of the thickest part of the breast reads 158°F to 160°F.
- REMOVE the chicken from the multicooker and allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.