Yields 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
- 1 large onion, charred
- 1 piece (2-inch) of ginger, unpeeled, sliced lengthwise, charred
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 whole star anise
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, toasted
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 6 cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons fish sauce, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons light brown sugar, to taste
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried rice vermicelli, cooked according to package directions
- 1 bunch cilantro, for garnish
- 1 jalapeño, sliced, for garnish
- 1 bunch bean sprouts, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- CHAR the onion and ginger over a flame or in a broiler until black.
- ADD charred onion and ginger to the Cosori Multicooker with the chicken breasts, star anise, coriander seeds, garlic, cloves, salt, fish sauce, brown sugar, and chicken stock. Cover with lid.
- SELECT Slow Cook (High) and press Start/Cancel.
- REMOVE the chicken breasts when done cooking and slice them.
- LAYER the cooked rice noodles in a large bowl along with your sliced chicken.
- LADLE the hot pho broth over cooked noodles and chicken.
- SERVE with cilantro, sliced jalapeno, bean sprouts, and lime wedges.