Yields 8 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 52 minutes
- 8 center-cut bacon strips, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 bottles (8 ounces) clam juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cans (6½ ounces) chopped clams, with juice
- 2½ cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dashes of Tabasco sauce, to taste
- SELECT Brown on the Cosori Multicooker, adjust the temperature to 400°F, and press Start/Cancel. Allow the multicooker to heat up.
- ADD the chopped bacon. Cook the bacon until it is crispy, about 10 minutes. Strain and set aside, leaving the bacon fat.
- ADD the celery and onions. Cook until celery and onions have softened, about 5 minutes.
- SPRINKLE in the flour and mix, creating a roux. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- ADD in the garlic, potatoes, chicken stock, clam juice, salt, pepper, and thyme. Bring to a boil, about 5 minutes and cover.
- SELECT Simmer, adjust time to 30 minutes, and press Start/Cancel.
- ADD in the chopped clams with juice and heavy cream at the 8 minute mark.
- MIX in the Worcestershire sauce and season to taste with Tabasco sauce.
- SERVE in sourdough bread bowls or with some oyster crackers.