Yields 8-10 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 47 minutes
- 6 slices center-cut bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3½ cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 can (12 ounces) 2% evaporated milk
- ½ cup low-fat sour cream, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Scallions or chives, for garnish
- SELECT Brown on the Cosori Multicooker, set the temperature at 400°F, and press Start/Cancel. Allow the multicooker to heat up.
- ADD in bacon and cook until crisp, about 8 to 12 minutes. Drain and set aside, reserving 2 tablespoons of bacon grease.
- ADJUST the temperature to 350°F, add the onions, and cook until translucent.
- ADD in the potatoes and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- ADD in the chicken stock, salt, pepper, and tarragon. Cover with lid.
- WHISK together the milk and sour cream in a separate bowl until it is well combined. Set aside.
- SELECT Boil (N) and add the milk and sour cream mixture. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- CREATE A SLURRY by whisking 1 tablespoon of water and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch together and adding it to the soup. Add more slurry if needed.
- COOK for 5 minutes until soup has thickened nicely. Press Start/Cancel.
- ADD in the cheddar cheese and mix until it is melted and well incorporated.
- SERVE hot and garnish with bacon, cheese, sour cream, and scallions.