Yields 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter
- 2 pounds yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 5½ cups beef broth or stock
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons black pepper
- 6-10 slices French bread
- ½ cup shredded Gruyère or Swiss cheese
- SELECT Brown on the Cosori Multicooker and press Start/Cancel. Allow the multicooker to heat up.
- ADD the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the onions.
- COOK for 20 minutes or until onions have browned nicely.
- ADD the sugar. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, then add the wine.
- SELECT Boil (N) and press Start/Cancel.
- ADD in the broth, thyme, bay leaves, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- SELECT Simmer, adjust the time to 2 hours, and press Start/Cancel.
- LADLE the soup into individual broiler-proof soup bowls. Top with bread and cheese.
- BROIL bowls on baking sheet under broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly.