Yields 3 servings
Prep Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 4 egg yolks, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Granulated sugar, for brûlée
- PLACE the steam rack inside the Cosori Multicooker and add 1 cup of water.
- SELECT Steam and press Start/Cancel. Allow the multicooker to heat up.
- WHISK together the egg yolks and sugar, until sugar is completely dissolved, in a large bowl.
- MIX in the heavy cream, milk, and vanilla, and whisk lightly until well combined. Whisking too vigorously may cause your mixture to bubble, which produces a less creamy crème brûlée.
- POUR the liquid mixture evenly into three 3-inch ramekins and cover tightly with foil.
- PLACE the ramekins on the rack, cover, and steam for 15 minutes.
- ALLOW the crème brûlée to rest inside the multicooker for 10 minutes, after it is done cooking.
- REMOVE the crème brûlée from the multicooker and remove the foil.
- COOL the crème brûlée completely, about 1 hour. Then, place them in the fridge for about 1 additional hour until chilled.
- ADD about a ½ tablespoon of granulated sugar on top of each crème brûlée serving, and caramelize using a kitchen torch.