Yields 1 serving
Prep Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Cook Time: 9 minutes
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon granulated sugar, for brûlée
- WHISK together the eggs and sugar, until sugar is completely dissolved, in a large bowl.
- ADD in the heavy cream, milk, and vanilla, and whisk lightly until well combined. Whisking too vigorously may cause your mixture to bubble, which produces a less creamy crème brûlée.
- POUR the liquid mixture into a 3-inch ramekin and cover tightly with foil.
- ARRANGE the ramekin on the steamer tray.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the locked position.
- SELECT Steam on the Cosori Pressure Cooker, set the time for 9 minutes, and press Start/Cancel.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 6 minutes when done cooking. Release any residual pressure that may be left in the machine and carefully remove lid.
- REMOVE the crème brûlée from the pressure cooker and remove the foil.
- COOL the crème brûlée completely, about 1 hour. Then, place in the fridge for about 1 additional hour until chilled.
- ADD ½ tablespoon of granulated sugar on top of each crème brûlée and caramelize the tops using a kitchen torch.