Yields 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1¼ pounds assorted wild mushrooms, sliced
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ cup shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons Cognac or brandy
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 cup polenta
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- SELECT Brown on the Cosori Multicooker and press Start/Cancel. When ready, add in the oil and butter. Once oil is hot, stir in mushrooms with a pinch of salt.
- COOK the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until any liquid evaporates and mushrooms are light brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- ADD in the shallots and cook until shallots are translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- ADD in the Cognac and champagne vinegar. Cook until liquid evaporates and mushrooms have absorbed liquid, about 1 minute. Add in the crème fraîche, chicken broth, and tarragon. Press Start/Cancel.
- SELECT Sauté on the multicooker and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside and clean the multicooker pot.
- SELECT Boil (L) on the Cosori Multicooker and press Start/Cancel. Add in the water, salt, and white pepper.
- WHISK in the polenta when the water is boiling, about 10 minutes. Press Start/Cancel.
- SELECT Simmer, set the time for 30 minutes, and press Start/Cancel. Cook the polenta for 20 to 30 minutes or until it has reached desired thickness.
- ADD in the butter, heavy cream, milk, and Parmesan. Mix until well combined.
- SERVE hot in bowls and top with the mushroom ragout.