Yields 8 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 pounds frozen baby spinach, defrosted
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups whole milk
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- SQUEEZE as much water as you can out of the spinach, preferably with a dry kitchen towel or cheesecloth. Set aside.
- SELECT Sauté, adjust the temperature to 325°F, and press Start/Cancel. Wait until the multicooker has heated up.
- MELT the butter, add the onion and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes.
- SPRINKLE the flour over the onion mixture, creating a roux. Cook the roux, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Stir in the milk and cream.
- STIRRING slowly and continuously, cook the sauce until it comes to a boil and thickens enough to coat the back of the spatula, about 2 minutes.
- MIX in the spinach, nutmeg, and Parmesan cheese.
- SEASON to taste with salt and pepper.