Yields 8 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, washed and rinsed
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- SELECT Brown on the Cosori Multicooker and press Start/Cancel. Allow the multicooker to heat up.
- ADD the olive oil and butter and allow to heat up for 30 seconds.
- ADD in the onions, carrots, and celery. Cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- ADD the garlic and rice and mix well. Cook until rice is slightly golden, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- ADD in the thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf and cook for 1 minute. Add in the chicken stock and cooked chicken.
- SELECT Boil (H) and press Start/Cancel. Bring to a boil, press Start/Cancel, and cover.
- SELECT Simmer, press Start/Cancel, and cook for 20 minutes.
- SEASON to taste with salt and pepper, when done cooking.