Yields 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups gold potatoes, cubed
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2¼ cups chicken stock, more if needed
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- SELECT Brown on the Cosori Multicooker and press Start/Cancel. Wait until the multicooker has heated up.
- ADD 1 tablespoon oil and allow to heat up for 30 seconds.
- ADD the chopped chicken breasts, salt, and black pepper. Brown for 5 minutes and set aside.
- ADD the onion and remaining oil, and cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- ADD the garlic and potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- ADD the butter and allow it to melt.
- SPRINKLE in the flour and mix well until the flour is absorbed by the fat. Cook for 2 minutes.
- ADD the chicken stock and heavy cream, mix well, and cook until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Mix in the chicken, frozen peas and carrots, thyme, rosemary, sage, and cayenne pepper.
- REMOVE the inner pot from the multicooker and add a layer of puff pastry over the pot pie and cut 4 slits on top.
- WHISK the egg in a small bowl, and brush the top of the puff pastry with a light coating of egg wash.
- BAKE in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown.