Yields 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 4 cups mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup prosciutto, cut into thin ribbons
- 2 cups pecorino romano, grated
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- PREHEAT an oven to 400F.
- SELECT Sauté/Brown on the Cosori Pressure Cooker, set time to 6 minutes, and press On/Start. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- ADD butter and allow it to melt, then add shallots. Cook for about 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- MIX in rice until well-coated in butter. Then add in mushrooms and stir.
- ADD the white wine at the 1 minute mark, and cook until all the wine is absorbed by the rice.
- ADD the chicken broth once time is complete. Mix well.
- SECURE THE LID to the pressure cooker, and make sure the pressure release valve is in the lock position.
- SELECT White Rice and press On/Start.
- BAKE your asparagus and prosciutto on a sheet pan in the preheated oven. Cook until asparagus is just softened and prosciutto begins to crisp, about 5-10 minutes.
- QUICK RELEASE when done cooking and carefully remove the lid.
- MIX in the pecorino romano and stir until melted.
- SEASON to taste with salt and pepper
- SERVE the risotto with broiled asparagus and prosciutto on top.