Yields 6 servings
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- ½ tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1½ cups red lentils, washed and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- SELECT Saute/Brown on the Cosori Pressure Cooker, adjust to “More/High”, then press On/Start.
- MELT the butter in the pot, and add the onions. Cook for 8 minutes until onions have softened and become translucent.
- MIX in the curry paste, garam masala, curry powder, turmeric, cayenne pepper, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes.
- ADD in the lentils, tomato puree, water, and coconut milk. Mix well.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the lock position.
- SELECT Beans/Chili, change the time to 18 minutes, and press On/Start.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 15 minutes when done cooking. Release any residual pressure that may be left in the machine and carefully remove lid.
- SERVE in bowls with some pressure cooked basmati rice with salt to taste.