YIELDS 5-6 SERVINGS
PREP Time: 20 minutes
COOK Time: 1 hour, 8 minutes
- 1 pound russet potato, whole and washed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted, more as needed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Freshly chopped basil, for garnish
- ¼ c olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled san marzano tomatoes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- SELECT Saute/Brown on the Cosori Pressure Cooker, adjust to Low, and press On/Start. Allow pressure cooker to heat up.
- ADD the olive oil, garlic cloves, and crushed red pepper. Cook for 5 minutes making sure the garlic does not burn Then add the can of San Marzano Tomatoes. Press Stop/Cancel.
- SELECT Slow Cook, adjust to “More/High”, and time for 1 hour. Press On/Start.
- ADD the sugar and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- ADD the fresh basil leaves and mix well.
- BLEND until smooth in a blender and set aside for later use.
- ADD 1 cup of water along with the steamer rack to the Cosori Pressure Cooker and place the potatoes on top.
- SELECT Steam Potatoes and press On/Start.
- QUICK RELEASE, when done cooking and carefully remove the lid.
- REMOVE the potatoes from the pressure cooker carefully, and allow them to cool down for 5 minutes. Peel the skin off carefully with the back of a paring knife.
- RICE the potatoes through a ricer or a fine mesh strainer.
- FOLD together the potatoes, flour, salt, and pepper until everything is well combined.
- MAKE A WELL in the center and add the egg inside. Slowly work in the flour into the egg until a ball of dough forms. Lightly knead it until the dough is soft and smooth.
- LIGHTLY DUST your work surface with flour and divide dough into 4 balls. Shape each ball into a rope ¾-inch in diameter and cut each rope into 1-inch pieces.
- SHAPE THE GNOCCHI using a gnocchi board or use a dinner fork. Grab a gnocchi and use your index finger to hold a cut edge of a piece of gnocchi against the curved back of the tines of the fork. Press into the center of the gnocchi with your index finger to make a deep indentation. While you are pressing the piece against the tines, flip it away over the tip of the fork, allowing the gnocchi to drop to the work surface. Coverthe gnocchi with a hand towel to avoid them from drying out.
- ADD 4 cups of water along with 1 tbs of salt to a clean inner pot.
- SELECT Pasta/Boil and press On/Start. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- ADD the gnocchi to the boiling water and cook until the float to the top, about 2-3 minutes. reserving ¼ a cup of pasta water. Press Stop/Cancel.
- DRAIN the gnocchi and set aside into a bowl along with the 2 tbs of butter and mix until butter is melted and coating all the gnocchi. Clean the inner pot.
- SELECT Saute/Brown, adjust to Low, and press On/Start.
- ADD the sauce and reserved pasta water. Cook for 3 minutes.
- ADD in the gnocchi and cook for 2 minutes in the sauce.
- SERVE with freshly chopped basil and parmesan cheese.