Yields 2 servings
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ cup pearled barley, washed & rinsed
- 2 cups water
- ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup seedless cucumber, chopped
- MIX together all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- ADD the barley, water, olive oil, salt, and garlic to the Cosori Pressure Cooker.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the locked position.
- SELECT Multigrain function, set the time for 30 minutes, and press Start/Cancel.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes when done cooking. Release any residual pressure that may still be left in the pressure cooker and carefully remove the lid.
- DRAIN the barley from the pressure cooker and allow to cool down for 10 minutes.
- TOSS the dressing into the barley, making sure the the barley is well coated, and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- MIX the cherry tomatoes and cucumber with the marinated barley.