Yields 4 SERVINGS
Prep Time: 45 MINUTES
Cook Time: 30 MINUTES
- 1 cup pearled barley, washed and rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1½ cups seedless cucumber, chopped
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ADD the barley, water, olive oil, salt, garlic to the Cosori Pressure Cooker.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the lock position.
- SELECT Multigrain function, set the time for 30 minutes, and press On/Start.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes when done cooking. Release any residual pressure that may still be left in the pressure cooker and carefully remove the lid.
- DRAIN the barley from the pressure cooker and allow to cool down for 10 minutes.
- TOSS the dressing into the barley, making sure the the barley is well coated, and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- MIX the cherry tomatoes and cucumber with the marinated barley.
- WHISK together the dressing ingredients,
- SEASON to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.