YIELDS 8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
COOK TIME: 57 minutes
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pound regular cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- PREHEAT an oven to 350°F.
- MIX together the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and butter until it resembles coarse sand.
- LINE the bottom of a 7 inch X 3 inch springform pan with an 8 inch round of parchment paper.
- LOCK in the collar of the springform pan closing it onto the base.
- LIGHTLY GREASE the lined parchment pan with butter or a nonstick baking spray.
- TRANSFER the graham cracker crumb mixture to the pan. Firmly press it onto the bottom pan in an even layer and about ½ inch thick.
- BAKE the crust in the oven for 12 minutes. Carefully remove form the oven when finished baking and cool.
- SIFT together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- BEAT the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar and cornstarch together using an electric mixture. Beat until everything is well incorporated.
- MIX in the vanilla extract
- ADD the eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- POUR the cheesecake batter onto the cooled crust gently tap the pan against the countertop to remove any air bubbles.
- CREATE a foil sling by folding a 20 inch long sheet of aluminum foil in half lengthwise twice to create a 3 in wide strip.
- PLACE the cheesecake atop the foil sling, for easy insertion and removal from the Cosori Pressure Cooker.
- ADD 1½ of water along with a metal rack to the pressure cooker and gently lower in the cheesecake inside, folding the sling over inward.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the lock position.
- SELECT Bake, adjust to “More/High”, and press On/Start.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 15 minutes when done cooking. Release any residual pressure that may be left in the machine and carefully remove lid.
- REMOVE the cheesecake from the pressure cooker carefully and allow to cool in the freezer for 4-8 hours.
- UNLOCK the collar and use the parchment paper to easily move the cheesecake onto a serving platter.