Yields 6 SERVINGS
PREP Time: 1 minute
COOK TIME: 7 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- Pinch saffron threads
- 2 cups basmati rice, washed & rinsed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups chicken stock or water
- SELECT Saute/Brown on the Cosori Pressure Cooker, then press On/Start.
- COOK the aromatics by melting the butter in the pot, then add the shallot and saffron. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- ADD the rice to the pot. Stir the rice to coat in the aromatic mixture, then add the lemon, lemon zest, lemon juice, and chicken stock.
- SECURE THE LID to the pressure cooker, and make sure the pressure release valve is in the lock position.
- SELECT Rice and press Start/Stop.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes when done cooking. Release any residual pressure that may be left in the machine and carefully remove lid.
- FLUFF the rice using a fork.