YieldS 4-5 SERVINGs
PREP Time: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 Minutes
- 1 (5 pound) whole chicken
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- ½ lemon, halved
- 1 cup chicken stock
- WASH the chicken with cold water and pat dry tit with paper towels.
- RUB the chicken with oil and butter all and underneath the skin of the breast.
- SEASON the chicken with salt and pepper, making sure to season the cavity as well.
- STUFF THE CAVITY with the thyme, rosemary, and lemon.
- TRUSS the legs using kitchen twine to tie together the legs, making sure the cavity is closed.
- SELECT Saute/Brown on the Cosori Pressure Cooker, adjust to “More/High”, and press On/Start.
- BROWN the chicken on each side for 5 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- ADD 1 cup of chicken stock along with a metal rack in the pressure cooker. Place the chicken atop the rack.
- SECURE THE LID on the pot making sure lid is secure and the pressure release valve is in the lock position.
- SELECT Brown, adjust the time to 20 minutes, and press On/Start.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes when done cooking. Release any residual pressure that may be left in the machine and carefully remove lid. Carefully remove the chicken from the pot.
- BROIL under the broiler or oven for 5 minutes, until skin on top is crispy and golden brown.
- SERVE the chicken with the broth to keep the chicken moist if needed.