Yields 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound boneless chicken thighs, skin on
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ large onion, diced
- 1¼ cups medium grain brown rice, rinsed & drained
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 large carrot, thickly julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- SELECT Sauté on the Cosori Pressure Cooker and press Start/Cancel. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- ADD the olive oil and allow it to heat up for 30 seconds.
- BROWN the chicken thighs skin-side down, until the skin is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside. You may need to work in batches.
- ADD the butter and onion and cook until the onions are slightly translucent, about 3 minutes.
- ADD in the rice, salt, black pepper, cumin, paprika, coriander, and bay leaves. Mix well. Cook for 2 minutes, until the rice is slightly toasted.
- ADD the chicken stock and carrot. Mix well and add the minced garlic on top along with the chicken and all its juices.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the locked position.
- SELECT Rice, adjust time to 25 min, and press Start/Cancel.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 20 minutes when done cooking. Release any residual pressure that may be left in the machine and carefully remove lid. Mix well.
- SERVE in bowls.