YIELDS 6-8 SERVINGS
PREP Time: 5 minutes
COOK Time: 33 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin on
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 ½ cup medium grain brown rice, rinsed and drained
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cup chicken stock
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- SELECT Saute/Brown on the Cosori pressure cooker, adjust to “More/High”, and press On/Start. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- ADD the olive oil and allow it to heat up for 30 seconds.
- BROWN the chicken thighs skin side down until the skin is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside. You may need to work in batches.
- ADD the butter and onion and cook until the onions are slightly translucent, about 3 minutes.
- ADD the rice, garlic, salt black pepper, cumin, paprika, coriander, and bay leaves. Mix well. Cook for 2 minutes until the rice is slightly toasted.
- ADD the chicken stock and carrot. Mix well and add the chicken and all its juices.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the lock position.
- SELECT Brown Rice, adjust time to 28 minutes and press On/Start.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 20 minutes when done cooking. Release any residual pressure that may be left in the machine and carefully remove lid. Mix well.
- SERVE in bowls.