Yields 1 serving
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 2 chicken thighs, skin-on, bone in
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ large red bell pepper, sliced
- ¼ medium onion, diced
- 5 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ½ can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, with juice
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons black olives, pitted
- ½ tablespoon capers, drained
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- DRY the chicken thighs with paper towels and season them with salt and pepper.
- DREDGE the chicken thighs in flour and remove any excess. Set aside.
- SELECT Sauté, set the time to 20 minutes, and press Start/Cancel. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- ADD in ½ tablespoon olive oil and allow to heat up for 30 seconds.
- COOK the chicken skin-side down until the skin is golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- COOK the chicken on the other side, skin-side up, for 5 minutes. You may need to work in batches of two. Set chicken aside.
- ADD the remaining olive oil, red bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the vegetables have reduced in size.
- ADD the garlic and white wine. Cook for 2 minutes.
- ADD in the canned tomatoes, chicken stock, olives, capers, oregano, thyme, and the chicken, along with any juices, to the pressure cooker. Mix well.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the locked position.
- SELECT Poultry and press Start/Cancel.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes when done cooking, and season with salt and pepper.
- GARNISH with fresh basil leaves and enjoy with some soft, creamy polenta.