YIELDS 6-8 SERVINGS
PREP Time: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 35 minutes
- 6-8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin-on
- 2¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup all purpose flour, for dredging
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- PAT DRY the chicken thighs with paper towels and season them with salt and pepper.
- DREDGE the chicken thighs in flour and remove any excess. Set aside.
- SELECT Sauté/Brown on the Cosori Pressure cooker, adjust to “More/High”, and press On/Start. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- ADD in 2 tbs of olive oil and allow to heat up for 30 seconds.
- BROWN the chicken skin side down until the skin is golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.Cook the chicken on the other side, skin side up, for 5 minutes. Set chicken aside. You may need to work in batches of two.
- ADD the rest of the olive oil, red bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until the vegetables have reduced in size.
- ADD the garlic cloves and white wine. Cook for 2 minutes. Add in the can of diced tomatoes, chicken stock, olives, capers, oregano, thyme, and the chicken along with any juices from the chicken to the pressure cooker. Mix well.
- SECURE THE LID on the pot making sure lid is secure and the pressure release valve is in the lock position.
- SELECT Poultry and press On/Start.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes when done cooking. Release any residual pressure that may be left in the machine and carefully remove lid.
- SEASON to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh basil leaves.