Yields 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ white onion, chopped
- ¼ cup tomatoes, chopped & drained
- ½ tablespoon ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ tablespoon ground turmeric
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon ground coriander
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ medium piper potato, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- SELECT Sauté on the Cosori Pressure Cooker, add the oil, and press Start/Cancel. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- SEAR the meat in small batches for 3 to 5 minutes each side until nicely browned. Take out of pot and set aside.
- ADD in your minced garlic, chopped onion, tomatoes, and ginger. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- ADD in all the spices and mix well. Cook for 10 minutes, creating a paste.
- PUT the beef back in the pot along with the potatoes and coconut milk.
- SELECT Meat/Stew, set time for 35 minutes, and press Start/Cancel.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 15 minutes when done cooking. Release any residual pressure that may be left in the machine and carefully remove lid.
- SELECT Sauté and press Start/Cancel.
- BOIL the curry until it reaches desired thickness.
- SERVE curry over rice.