Yields 4-6 Servings
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 (2-3 pounds) beef chuck roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ white onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 medium piper potato, chopped
- A handful of Cilantro
- 2 cups coconut milk
- SELECT Saute/Brown on the Cosori Pressure Cooker, add the oil, adjust to “More/High”, then press On/Start. Allow you pressure cooker to heat up.
- SEAR the meat in small batches for 2-3 minutes each side until nicely browned. Take out of pot and set aside.
- ADD in your minced garlic, chopped onion, tomatoes, and ginger. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- ADD in all the spices and mix well. Cook them for 10 minutes, creating a paste.
- PUT the beef back in the pot along with the potatoes and coconut milk.
- SELECT Meat/Stew, set time for 35 minutes, and press On/Start.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 15 minutes when done cooking. Release any residual pressure that may be left in the machine and carefully remove lid.
- SELECT Saute/Brown, adjust to “More/High”, and press On/Start.
- BOIL the curry until it reaches desired thickness.
- SERVE curry over rice with some freshly chopped Cilantro.