Yields 3-4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 12 ounces ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon water
- 1¼ teaspoons seasoning salt
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup beef broth
- 8 ounces pinto beans, canned & drained
- 8 ounces black beans, canned & drained
- Black pepper, to taste
- Scallions, chopped (optional)
- SELECT Sauté on the Cosori Pressure Cooker, add the oil, and press Start/Cancel. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- ADD the ground beef, baking soda, water, ¼ teaspoon seasoning salt, and lemon pepper to the preheated pressure cooker. Mix and break apart the ground beef evenly, distributing the seasonings. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- ADD the onion and garlic to the mixture, mix well, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- ADD the canned tomatoes, remaining spices, salt, crushed red pepper, broth, and beans. Stir only slightly.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the locked position.
- SELECT Beans and press Start/Cancel.
- QUICK RELEASE when done cooking and carefully remove the lid.
- MIX the chili for a few minutes, adding pepper to taste.
- SERVE with chopped scallions on top.