Yields 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 24 minutes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1-2 lb ground beef
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5 ounces) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 pound pinto beans, canned and drained
- 1 pound black beans, canned and drained
- Black pepper, to taste
- Scallions, chopped (optional)
- SELECT Sauté/Brown on the Cosori Pressure Cooker, add the oil, and press On/Start. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- ADD the ground beef, baking soda, water, seasoning salt, and lemon pepper to the preheated pressure cooker. Mix and break apart the ground beef evenly distributing the seasonings. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- ADD the onion and garlic to the mixture, mix well, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- ADD the canned tomatoes, spices, salt, , broth, and beans. Stir only slightly.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the lock position.
- SELECT Beans/Chili, adjust to “Less”, and press Start/Stop.
- QUICK RELEASE, when done cooking and carefully remove the lid.
- MIX the chili for a few minutes adding pepper to taste.
- SERVE with chopped scallions on top.