Yields 6-8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOK TIME: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4-5 pound boneless pork shoulder, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and finely chopped
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 bundle fresh thyme
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 3 cups chicken stock
- GRIND the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and caraway seeds until finely ground.
- MAKE THE SPICE MIX by combining the ground seeds, chili powder, kosher salt, and black pepper. Season the pork with all of the spice mixture
- SELECT Saute/Brown on the Cosori Pressure Cooker, adjust to “More/High”, and press Cook Time and using the +/- buttons change the time to 27 minutes. Press On/Start. Wait until the pressure cooker has heated up.
- ADD the olive oil and allow to heat up for 30 seconds. Brown the meat on each side for 12 minutes. You may need to work in batches. Remove the pork and set aside.
- SAUTE the fennel, onion, garlic, and ginger in the pressure cooker. Cook for 1 minute.
- DEGLAZE the pot by adding the white wine and mustard and cook for 1 minute, scraping the bottom bits.
- COOK THE AROMATICS by adding the bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, and chicken stock along with the pork shoulder. Press Stop/Cancel.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the lock position.
- SELECT Meat/Stew, adjust the time to 1 hour and 45 minutes, and press On/Start.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 15 minutes when done cooking. Release any residual pressure that may be left in the machine and carefully remove lid.
- SERVE with roasted potatoes.