Yields 2 servings
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 26 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound top sirloin or flank steak, quartered
- ½ teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1½ tablespoons cold water
- Scallions, chopped, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, toasted, for garnish
- SELECT Sauté on the Cosori Pressure Cooker and press Start/Cancel. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- ADD the olive oil and meat to the pot and allow to brown for 1 minute.
- ADD the ginger, garlic, water, and soy sauce to the pot. Mix well and press Start/Cancel.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the locked position.
- SELECT Meat/Stew, Adjust to “Less”, and press Start/Cancel.
- QUICK RELEASE when done cooking and carefully remove the lid.
- SELECT Sauté, add the dark brown sugar, mix well, and press Start/Cancel. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- MAKE A SLURRY by mixing the cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl until well combined. Add the slurry to the pot and mix well.
- COOK the beef until the sauce thickens to your desired consistency.
- GARNISH with chopped scallions and toasted sesame seeds.