Yields 3-4 servings
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 26 minutes
- 2 pounds top sirloin or flank steak, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1½ cups dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Green onions, chopped
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- SELECT Sauté/Brown on the Cosori Pressure Cooker and press On/Start. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- ADD the olive oil and meat in the pot and allow to brown for 1 minute.
- ADD the ginger, garlic, water, and soy sauce to the pot. Mix well and press Stop/Cancel.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the lock position.
- SELECT Meat/Stew, adjust to “Less/Low”, and press On/Start.
- QUICK RELEASE, when done cooking and carefully remove the lid.
- SELECT Sauté/Brown, add the dark brown sugar, mix well, and press On/Start. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- MAKE A SLURRY by mixing the cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl until well combined. Add the slurry to the pot and mix well.
- COOK the beef until the sauce thickens to your desired consistency.
- TOP with chopped scallions and toasted sesame seeds for garnish.