Yields 1-2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ pound beef stew meat, 1 to 1½-inch pieces
- ½ tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- ½ cup potato, cubed
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef stock
- SELECT Sauté on the Cosori Pressure Cooker and press Start/Cancel. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pot. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- DREDGE the beef in flour, salt, and pepper until well coated in flour.
- ADD half of coated beef mixture into the preheated pot in an even layer and brown.
- BROWN the meat on each side for 5 to 7 minutes, allowing the meat to develop a crust on each side. You may need to work in batches.
- ADD all remaining ingredients. Stir until combined, scraping the bottom for any brown bits that may have stuck to the pot.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the locked position.
- SELECT Meat/Stew and press Start/Cancel.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes when done cooking. Release any residual pressure that may be left in the machine and carefully remove lid.
- SEASON with salt and pepper to taste.