Yields 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, 1-1½ inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 cups potato, cubed
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups beef stock
- SELECT Sauté/Brown function on the Cosori Pressure Cooker, then press adjust to More/High, followed by On/Start. Add 1 tbs of oil to pot. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up
- DREDGE the beef in flour, salt, and pepper until well coated in flour.
- ADD half of coated beef mixture into the preheated pot in an even layer and brown.
- BROWN the meat on each side for 5-7 minutes, allowing the meat to develop brown crust on each side.
- ADD 1 tbs of oil to the pot and repeat the browning process with the second half of meat.
- ADD all remaining ingredients. Stir until combined, scraping the bottom for any brown bits that may have stuck to pot.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the lock position.
- SELECT, Meat/Stew and press On/Start.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes when done cooking. Release any residual pressure that may be left in the machine and carefully remove lid.
- SEASON with salt and pepper to taste.