Yields 3-5 servings
Prep Time: 24 hours 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 (3-4 pounds) rack baby back ribs, quartered
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup water
- Barbeque sauce of choice
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- ¼ cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- MIX all the ingredients until well combined. Set aside for later use.
- SEASON the ribs with about 1-2 tbs of dry rub, until all the ribs are covered.
- WRAP the ribs with plastic wrap and store in the fridge overnight.
- SELECT Saute/Brown on the Cosori Pressure Cooker and press On/Start. Allow the pressure cooker to heat up.
- ADD the oil and allow to heat up for 30 seconds.
- BROWN your ribs in the hot oil meat side down, about 5 minutes. Remove them from the pressure cooker. You may may need to work in batches.
- PLACE a rack along with 1 cup of water to the pressure cooker and arrange the ribs on atop the rack.
- SECURE THE LID on the pressure cooker, making sure the pressure release valve is in the lock position.
- SELECT Meat/Stew and press On/Start.
- NATURAL RELEASE for 15 minutes when done cooking. Release any residual pressure that may be left in the machine and carefully remove lid.
- REMOVE the ribs carefully from the pressure cooker onto a foil lined baking sheet.
- BROIL the ribs under a preheated oven with some barbecue sauce of your choice and some more of the rub until a nice crust forms, about 5-10 minutes.