YIELD: 4 SERVINGS | PREP: 45 Min | COOK: 30 Min | TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 15 m
- 1 c pearled barley
- 4 c water
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1½ c of seedless cucumber, chopped
For the Dressing:
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbs fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tbs fresh oregano, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash the barley and add it to the Cosori Pressure Cooker along with the water, olive oil, salt, and garlic.
- Close the lid, making sure lid is secure and the pressure release valve is in the lock position.
- Press the [Multigrain] function, then press [Cook Time] and use +/- to set the time for 30 minutes. Press [Start].
- While the barley is cooking, whisk together the dressing ingredients, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- When the the barley is finished cooking and machine beeps, do not touch the machine for 5 minutes, and allow it to naturally release for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, move the pressure valve to the release position to release any residual pressure.
- Remove the barley from the pressure cooker and allow to cool down for 10 minutes.
- Toss in the dressing into the barley, making sure the the barley is well coated, and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Mix the cucumber and tomatoes and enjoy!