YIELD: 2 SERVINGS | PREP: 10M | COOK: 12M | TOTAL TIME: 22M
- 2 tbs butter
- ½ shallot, finely diced
- 2 c mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c Arborio rice
- 3 c chicken broth
- 1 c pecorino romano
- 1 c asparagus, cut into one inch pieces
- ¼ c prosciutto, cut into thin ribbons
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set Sauté function to 6 minutes. Add butter and allow it to melt, then add shallots. Stir for about two minutes. Add in rice and stir until well coated in butter. Then add in mushrooms and stir.
- Once time is up add in 3 cups of chicken broth, click the Rice setting and set time for 5 minutes. Secure lid onto pot.
- Set your oven to broil, and toss asparagus and prosciutto in salt and pepper on a sheet pan. Cook until asparagus is just softened and prosciutto begins to crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Once rice is done immediately quick release the pressure. Add cheese stirring vigorously. Taste risotto and add salt and pepper.
- Top the risotto with asparagus and prosciutto.