YIELD: 8 SERVINGS | PREP: 1 HR | COOK: 1 HR 20 Min
- 4 lb boneless rump roast
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 1 tbs freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 beef stock
- 1 c red wine
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- Pat the meat dry with paper towels.
- Mix together 1 tbs of olive oil with the minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and black pepper.
- Rub the mixture all over the meat and let the meat come to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Press the [Saute/Brown] function on your Cosori Pressure Cooker, adjust to High, and press [Start].
- When ready, add the other tbs of oil and sear the roast for 5 minutes on each side. Set the roast aside.
- Add the beef stock, red wine, and Worcestershire sauce to the pressure cooker along with a metal rack.
- Add the seared roast on the rack and put the lid on the pot making sure lid is secure and the pressure release valve is in the lock position.
- Press the [Meat/Stew] function, then press press [Start].
- Once it has finished cooking, natural for 5 minutes. Release any residual pressure in the pressure cooker.
- Remove the roast from the pressure cooker and allow the meat to rest for 20-30 minutes. Make sure the meat is at a temperature of 140-145°F (medium rare) before slicing the roast.
- Reserve the cooking liquid in the pressure cooker as an au jus for the roast.