YIELD: 4-5 SERVINGS | PREP: 20 MIN | COOK: 15 MIN
- 1 whole chicken, broken down
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 1 tbs butter
- ¼ c parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbs fresh oregano or 2 tsp of dried oregano
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ c olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Let the chicken come to room temperature and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Adjust the dial to the [Brown] function.
- Using the [+/-] function adjust the temperature to 400°F and time to 30 minutes.
- Heat the butter and oil in the multicooker until butter has melted. Place the chicken in the pot skin-side down and allow the skin to cook until golden and crisp; each piece of chicken should cook for 10 minutes on each side. If necessary, use a meat thermometer to check if all of the pieces have reached 165°F.
- To make the chimichurri, add all ingredients and mix well. Set aside and let sit for at least 15 minutes for all of the flavors to marinate.
- Top the chicken with chimichurri or serve on the side.