YIELD: 4-5 SERVINGS | PREP: 15 min | COOK: 30 min | TOTAL TIME: 45 min
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 2½ tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp ground chipotle
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 2 c water
- ½ c fresh cilantro, chopped
- Peel and dice sweet potato and onion and rinse black beans.
- Chop cilantro and mince garlic.
- Add garlic, olive oil, water, diced tomatoes, black beans, sweet potato and onion into inner pot.
- Add chili powder, lime juice, cumin, salt and cilantro into the inner pot. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Secure lid and select Beans.
- It can take 5-10 minutes before your pressure cooker begins pressurizing.
- OPTIONAL: Open and serve with low-fat sour cream and tortilla chips.