YIELD: 4-6 SERVINGS | PREP: 5 MIN | COOK: 23 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 28 MIN
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs Worcestershire Sauce - optional
- 4 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 c chopped tomatoes - canned or fresh with their juice
- 4 tbs tomato paste
- 1 c water
- ½ c rolled oats
- 1 tbs grainy dijon mustard
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- ½ head of cabbage, quartered and thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 2 carrots, grated (about 1 cup)
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- Prepare the cooker to sauté by pressing and add olive oil and the ground beef. Break up and brown the beef well (about 8 minutes).
- Push beef aside and add onions, peppers, carrots, salt and garlic powder and sauté until the veggies are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, water and mix well – lifting up any brown bits of meat from the base of the cooker into the mixture. When the contents of the cooker come to boil sprinkle in the oats and do not stir.
- Close and seal the pressure cooker. Press [Manual Setting], [Cooking Time] and then use the [-] button to choose 10 minutes pressure cooking time. When time is up, release the pressure.
- Mix well and let stand uncovered for 5 minutes to thicken before serving.
- For coleslaw: Combine the mustard, vinegar and honey in the base of a large bowl and whisk together.
- Mix-in the cabbage, carrots and onions.