YIELD: 6-8 SERVINGS | PREP: 15 MIN | COOK: 40 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 55 MIN
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs oil
- 4 bone-in turkey wings (2-3 lbs)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c dry cranberries, or (soaked in boiling water for 5 min) or 1 ½ c fresh cranberries, or 1 c of canned
- cranberries, rinsed
- 1 medium onion, roughly sliced
- 1 c shelled walnuts
- 1 c fresh orange juice (or prepared juice with no added sugar)
- 1 c vegetable stock
- 1 bunch fresh Thyme
- Prepare the cooker to sauté, and melt the butter. Next swirl in olive oil.
- Brown the turkey wings on both sides adding salt and pepper to taste. Make sure that the skin side is nicely colored.
- Remove the wings briefly from the cooker and add the onion, then on top of that add the wings (pretty browned skin side, pointing up), cranberries, walnuts, a little bundle of Thyme. Pour the orange juice and stock over the turkey. Close the pressure cooker. Manually set high pressure with a 20 min cooking time.
- When time is up, press [Keep Warm/Cancel] button to turn off the cooker and set a timer to count 10 minutes – the turkey continues to cook in the residual heat of the cooker. Then release the pressure.
- Remove the thyme bundle and carefully remove the wings to a serving dish (they may be so tender they could fall apart). Slide the serving dish under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until the wings are sufficiently caramelized.
- In the meantime, reduce the contents of the cooker to about half by keeping the cooker uncovered by using the Sauté program, again.
- Pour the reduced liquid, walnuts, onions and cranberries over the wings and serve.