YIELD: 4-6 SERVINGS | PREP: 20m | COOK: 8h
- 2 lbs beef chuck roast, diced
- 2 ½ tbs virgin olive oil
- 2 c low-sodium beef broth
- 1 lb small Dutch yellow potatoes, halved
- 2 c mushrooms, halved
- 3 medium-large carrots chopped
- 3 tbs tomato paste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ c of your favorite red wine
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ c fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- ¼ c all-purpose flour (optional for thickening)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Season chuck beef with salt, pepper and paprika. Heat skillet with olive oil and cook beef until brown for 3-5 minutes, turning as needed.
- Remove beef from skillet into slow cooker pot. Add onion, carrots, potatoes, mushroom and begin to stir.
- Add tomato paste, flour, red wine, thyme and beef broth inside slow cooker pot.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt, pepper and garnish with parsley.