YIELD: 4-6 SERVINGS | PREP: 10 MIN | COOK: 20 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 sprigs rosemary (two for chopping, one for garnish)
- 2 sprigs sage
- 1/2 bunch parsley leaves and stems
- 4 lemons, three juiced and one for garnish
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ taspoon pepper
- 1 whole chicken, cut into parts or package of bone-in chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup stock (or water)
- 4oz black gourmet salt-cured olives (Taggiesche , French, or Kalamata)
- Prepare the marinade by finely chopping together the garlic, rosemary, sage, and parsley. Place them in a container and add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a deep dish and cover well with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap, and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Prepare the cooker to sauté by pressing [Menu] and pressing [+] or [-] until “05 Sauté” is selected in the menu.
- Now, add a swirl of olive oil and brown the chicken pieces on all sides for about 5 minutes and set aside.
- De-glaze the cooker with the wine until it has almost all evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken pieces back in - this time being careful with the order. Put all dark meat (wings, legs, thighs) first, and then delicately drape the chicken breasts on top so that they do not touch the bottom of the pressure cooker. Pour in any of the remaining marinade.
- Close the pressure cooker, again. Set the valve on the lid to “Steam Seal”. Press [Manual Setting], [Cooking Time] and then use the [-] button to choose 12 minutes pressure cooking time. When time is up, press [Keep Warm/Cancel] button to turn off the cooker and release the steam.
- Sprinkle with fresh rosemary, olives and fresh lemon slices before serving.