- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1½ lb fresh mushrooms (white, crimini or portobello), a handful finely sliced and the rest roughly chopped
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
- 1 medium red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbs tart dry red wine (like Chianti)
- 1 oz dried mushrooms (Porcini, Shiitake or Oyster), rinsed
- 4 c salt-free vegetable stock
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped (about 1 pound)
- 1½ tsp sea salt (omit if using commercial stock)
- 1 c fresh cream or half and half
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Optional: 1 tsp white truffle spread
- Prepare the cooker to sauté by pressing [Menu] and pressing [+] or [-] until “05 Sauté” is selected in the menu. Now, add the olive oil and sauté the thinly sliced mushrooms on both sides until golden (about 5 minutes). Remove the mushrooms and set aside. Now, add the celery and onions and sauté them until the onion has softened.
- Push the vegetables to the side and add enough roughly sliced mushrooms to cover the base of the pressure cooker (probably two handfuls) and brown them lightly by stirring infrequently (about 5 minutes).
- Pour in the wine and use the wine’s liquid to lift the brown bits of mushroom from the base of the booker to incorporate them into the dish. Add the remainder of fresh mushrooms (not the sliced and sautéed mushrooms), dried mushrooms, potatoes, vegetable stock, and salt (if using) and mix well.
- Close the pressure cooker. Set the valve on the lid to “Steam Seal”. Press [Manual Setting], [Cooking Time] and then use the [-] button to choose 7 minutes pressure cooking time. When time is up, press [Keep Warm/Cancel] button to turn off the cooker and SLOWLY twist the valve on the lid to the “Steam Exhaust” position.
Add the cream, pepper and truffle spread (if using) and, using an immersion blender, puree the contents of the pressure cooker. Stir in the sliced mushrooms (reserving a few for garnish) and serve.